So, one of the top critically-acclaimed motion pictures this year was a film called Marriage Story starring that woman from The Avengers and that guy from Star Wars. I haven’t seen it nor do I intend to for two reasons: Zero time and there are many other great films about marriages that deserve another viewing.
What are some of these films?
Well, here are a few that immediately come to mind:
- “Husbands and Wives” – Woody Allen
- “Scenes from a Marriage” – Ingmar Bergman
- “The Awful Truth” – Leo McCarey
- “La Notte” – Michelangelo Antononi
- “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?” – Mike Nicholls
- “Dodsworth” – William Wyler
- “Adam’s Rib” – George Cukor
There are plenty more, but it’s midnight and my mind is mush.